The 20-year-old woman at the centre of the sexual exploitation case against union minister Nihalchand Meghwal on Tuesday alleged that the minister sent his men to threaten her and also offered her a job if she withdrew her case.
She sought an inquiry by the Central Bureau of Investigation and said she wanted to meet Prime Minister Narendra Modi to narrate her experience in person.
“Nihalchand had sent his men to threaten and coax me into withdrawing the case. They offered me a job if I agreed to drop the charges against him but I will not budge. He must resign from his post immediately,” the woman said at a press conference in Ganganagar.
“I want to meet PM Modi and narrate the entire story in detail so that he understands the authenticity of my statements. I demand a CBI inquiry into the case so that it is not influenced like it was done earlier in 2011,” she said.
The woman was a minor when she was allegedly sexually exploited repeatedly by her husband, Om Prakash Godara and 16 others, including Meghwal, in Jaipur.
She has claimed that Godara drugged her food and forced her to engage with other men. She also alleged that Godara, a BJP worker and member of Yuva Morcha in the state, installed CCTV cameras in the house and made CDs of the encounters.
In 2011, she had approached a local court to register a case against Godara and 16 others but a police inquiry found her allegations baseless. The closure report submitted by police was upheld in the court earlier this year. A review petition was thereafter filed by her.
Meghwal, the minister of state for Chemicals and Fertilizers, told The Indian Express it was a political conspiracy against him. “Everyone knows the truth. I have nothing to explain,” he said.
The woman was allegedly raped by an AIIMS doctor in south Delhi's Hauz Khas area here last night.
Best of Express
PHOTOS- Femme Fatale: Kareena, Alia, Sonam, Jacqueline, Sunny Leone's award style