Parents of a youth from Arunachal Pradesh who was murdered recently on Friday met Prime Minister Manmohan Singh who said he associated himself with their grief and that “severest punishment” should be given to those guilty of the “most shameful” act.
Nido Tania’s father Nido Pavitra and mother Nido Marina presented a 10-point memorandum in which they demanded capital punishment for the killers and urged the government to declare January 30 as ‘National Anti-Racism’ day besides installing a statue in memory of their son in Delhi.
After hearing them, the Prime Minister assured them that all the issues raised in the memorandum will be addressed. “I associate myself with your deep sense of sorrow on Nido Tania’s tragic demise. I have no words to express my feelings,” Singh said about the killing of 19-year-old Tania after an altercation with some shopkeepers at Lajpat Nagar last month.
“What has happened is most shameful and it should never have happened. The severest punishment under the law should be meted out to those found guilty,” he said.
The Prime Minister assured the parents who met him along with a delegation that included Arunachal Pradesh MP Takam Sanjoy that the government will work with them to see that “we will get control of the situation”.
Singh said he has always praised the leaders of Arunachal Pradesh and the northeast on their foresight in ensuring that all children are taught Hindi. “Your Hindi is better than mine,” he told them. He asserted that all people from the northeast and other parts of the country have every right to work and live in peace in the capital. “It is the duty of every citizen to ensure that such tragedies do not take place,” he said.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest