Delhi Police today told a court here that they have charged the four persons with murder, one of whom was arrested this morning, in connection with the death of a 19-year-old Arunachal Pradesh youth.
The police informed Metropolitan Magistrate Pawan Kumar that they booked accused Farman, Sunder, Pawan and Sunny Uppal under section 302 (murder) of IPC after the postmortem report revealed that Nido Taniam died due to injuries to his head and face caused by a blunt object.
Thereafter, the police moved an application for their fresh custody and interrogated them for some time after the court’s permission. The accused were once again produced before the magistrate, who remanded the four to judicial custody till February 25, after the police did not seek their custodial interrogation.
Sunny was arrested this morning while Farman, Sunder and Pawan were arrested on February 4 and produced before the court, which had remanded them to judicial custody. Initially, the police had arrested the accused under the Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes (SC/ST) (Prevention of Atrocities) Act, 1989. The accused were arrested after relatives of Nido, a first-year BA student in a private university, alleged he had an altercation with the shopkeepers at Lajpat Nagar here on January 29 after they made fun of his hairstyle, following which they allegedly thrashed him. He was brought dead in AIIMS the next day.
In a related development, Additional Sessions Judge Rajender Kumar Shastri today adjourned hearing on the bail plea of Sunder and Pawan till February 14 after their counsel requested for the same. The duo’s counsel had claimed before the court that the accused are innocent and have been falsely implicated. “Accused Sunder and Pawan are the persons who called the police after seeing the incident. The police have arrested them when they went to inform them about the assault,” their counsel said, adding they have been arrested wrongly.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched