• Associate Sponsor

NIA has ‘all permissions’ to probe 2006 blasts

National Investigation Agency (NIA) told the MCOCA court Tuesday it had obtained all necessary permissions before launching probe into the 2006 Malegaon blasts case.

Written by Express News Service | Mumbai | Updated: April 9, 2014 3:29 pm

National Investigation Agency (NIA) told the MCOCA court Tuesday it had obtained all necessary permissions before launching probe into the 2006 Malegaon blasts case. It was replying to an application filed by Dhan Singh,a prime suspect arrested last year.

The Maharashtra anti-terrorism squad and CBI that investigated the case before NIA named nine Muslim men. They were released in November 2011,after NIA did not oppose their bail.

Singh has challenged a supplementary chargesheet filed by NIA naming four Hindus for allegedly participating in the blasts that killed 37 people.

NIA said Lokesh Sharma,deceased Sunil Joshi,Dhan Singh,Rajendra Chaudhary,Manohar Narwaria and absconding accused Ramchandra Kalsangra and Nanded resident Ramesh Venkat Mahalkar alias Amit Hakla were responsible for the blasts.

Singh claimed the investigation into the case was “illegal”.

“It is a settled law. Re-investigation or fresh investigation can be done only as per the directions of higher judiciary,” NIA said,adding that it only conducted “further investigation” into the case.

Meanwhile,NIA will file its reply on August 2 to discharge applications filed by the Muslim men arrested earlier.

For all the latest India News, download Indian Express App

  1. No Comments.