The National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) on Tuesday issued notices to Karnataka government over reports of sexual assault of a girl in her school.
“The Commission taken a suo moto cognizance of a media report that a six-year-old girl was sexually assaulted by two male staff in a private school at Bengaluru, Karnataka on July 2 this year.
The sexual assault, according to the report, came to light after she complained of stomach ache and fever and the parents took the girl to a hospital.
“The contents of the media report raise a serious issue of violation of human rights of a child who was allegedly sexually assaulted by the teachers in her school. The act of the male staff attracts penal provisions of Protection of Children from Sexual Offences (POCSO) Act,” the Commission observed.
The Commission has sent the notice to the Chief Secretary, Director General of Police, Government of Karnataka and District Collector, Bengaluru seeking for a report on the same within two weeks.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review