Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi today said a Centre-appointed expert panel has suggested additional safety measures in the construction of the stalled Subansiri Lower Hydroelectric Project by NHPC.
The central decision was conveyed in a letter by the Union Minister of State for Power Jyotiraditya Scindia earlier this week,Gogoi told reporters here.
“As per the recommendation of Thatte Committee,an independent Dam Design Review Panel (DDRP) was formed. It has proposed some additional safety measures in the construction of the dam. Now,NHPC has been asked to modify the design of the dam,” the Chief Minister said.
The DDRP examined issues like foundation competency,seismic aspect,dam design and existing ground conditions,the Gogoi said.
He said the Power Ministry had accepted the recommendations and asked NHPC to proceed accordingly.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Scindia further informed Gogoi that NHPC would implement recommendations of the Joint Steering Committee to mitigate the downstream impact at a cost of about Rs 470 crore.
On allocation of power to Assam,the letter said “the Technical Experts Committee appointed by the Planning Commission to examine technical aspects of the project has recommended that Assam be given first charge on the 300 MW of unallocated power in addition to the already allocated power of 208 MW of paid and 25 MW of free power.”
The construction work of the ambitious 2,000 MW project on the Subansiri river has been stalled after protests by locals and many organisations,mainly by RTI activist Akhil Gogoi-led Krishak Mukti Sangram Samiti.