Mizoram Chief Minister Lal Thanhawla said Friday he expects “the whole country will surely benefit” because the Prime Minister designate has been a three-time Chief Minister of a state and that such leaders understand the difficulties faced by states.
Responding to local opposition parties’ charge that the Congress government in Mizoram would find itself in the doldrums because it’s parent party is no longer in power in New Delhi, the Congress veteran said that in the past, development projects in the state took off during the tenure of non-Congress PMs.
“The Mizoram Pradesh Congress Committee does not collapse when a party other than the Congress comes to power at the Centre. The railhead at Bairabi (near the Assam-Mizoram border) came during the tenure of Deve Gowda.
“When Deve Gowda called a meeting of all state Chief Ministers, all us CMs were happy. The reason is that a PM who had been a CM knew very well the kinds of problems states face. The ideal is that each PM should have been a former CM.
“Now a man who has been CM of a state for three terms is going to be the PM of India, and the whole country will surely benefit from this,” Lal Thanhawla said at Congress Bhavan, without naming Narendra Modi.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
The five-time Mizoram CM also played down fears in the Christian-dominated state that a BJP-led government would hinder freedom of religion.
“We may have some fears here and there in terms of religion, but I believe they will not act blatantly because they too want to form the government for a long time. God uses the Congress party the most for ensuring freedom of religion. The party falls sometimes, but it always gets up.”