In a bureaucratic reshuffle, Bihar government has appointed 1980-batch IAS officer Anjani Kumar Singh as the new Chief Secretary.
According to a government notification issued late last night, Singh, currently posted as Principal Secretary to Chief Minister Jitan Ram Manjhi, will take charge after the present chief secretary Ashok Kumar Sinha retires on June 30.
1976-batch IAS Alok Kumar Sinha, who was in the race for the post, has been transferred from the position of the Development Commissioner of Bihar to Chief Advisor, Bihar State Planning Board.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Another 1980-batch IAS Narendra Kumar Sinha, Principal Secretary of Information Technology (IT) department, has been appointed as IT advisor.
Bihar Staff Selection Commission Chairman JRK Rao of 1985 batch has been given the charge of the IT department till further orders.
The state government has promoted 1981-batch IAS S K Negi to the chief secretary rank and appointed him as the Development Commissioner of Bihar.
Negi is currently officiating as the principal secretary of vigilance department. His place will be taken by
another officer from the same batch C Lalsawta, who has been transferred from his current post of advisor, Bihar State Planning Board.
In the reshuffle, Principal Secretary of the Health Department, Deepak Kumar has been appointed the Principal Secretary to the chief minister. He will retain the charge of the Health Department till further orders.
The additional charge of Officer on Special Duty (OSD) to the chief minister has been taken away from Kumar and given to Amrit Lal Meena, 1989 batch officer and Principal Secretary, Agriculture department. He also has the additional charge of Principal Secretary, Sugarcane Industry Department.