In a bureaucratic reshuffle, Bihar government has appointed 1980-batch IAS officer Anjani Kumar Singh as the new Chief Secretary.
According to a government notification issued late last night, Singh, currently posted as Principal Secretary to Chief Minister Jitan Ram Manjhi, will take charge after the present chief secretary Ashok Kumar Sinha retires on June 30.
1976-batch IAS Alok Kumar Sinha, who was in the race for the post, has been transferred from the position of the Development Commissioner of Bihar to Chief Advisor, Bihar State Planning Board.
Another 1980-batch IAS Narendra Kumar Sinha, Principal Secretary of Information Technology (IT) department, has been appointed as IT advisor.
Bihar Staff Selection Commission Chairman JRK Rao of 1985 batch has been given the charge of the IT department till further orders.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
The state government has promoted 1981-batch IAS S K Negi to the chief secretary rank and appointed him as the Development Commissioner of Bihar.
Negi is currently officiating as the principal secretary of vigilance department. His place will be taken by
another officer from the same batch C Lalsawta, who has been transferred from his current post of advisor, Bihar State Planning Board.
In the reshuffle, Principal Secretary of the Health Department, Deepak Kumar has been appointed the Principal Secretary to the chief minister. He will retain the charge of the Health Department till further orders.
The additional charge of Officer on Special Duty (OSD) to the chief minister has been taken away from Kumar and given to Amrit Lal Meena, 1989 batch officer and Principal Secretary, Agriculture department. He also has the additional charge of Principal Secretary, Sugarcane Industry Department.