There is a need to change the “medieval mindset” and give women leadership positions in politics, business and social spheres to ensure rightful place for them in the society, Rahul Gandhi said on Saturday.
Congratulating women for bringing the fight for women’s empowerment on global agenda, Rahul in a statement on International Women’s Day, said, “There has been a story of courage, determination and perseverance of women everywhere. But much more needs to be done to ensure that women have their rightful place in the society.
Highlighting the need to empower women in the country, he said, “India can never aspire to be a superpower without empowering its women. This empowerment must be reflected at all levels. Women must find their place in positions of leadership in politics, business and social spheres.”
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
He emphasised the need to change the “medieval mindset” in the country and urged the government, civil society and the political class to help in ensuring that women have the rights and opportunities that propel them forward.