Charging Narendra Modi government with not fulfilling the promises made before coming to power at the Centre, Congress has decided to take out protest marches across all the district headquarters of Uttar Pradesh on September 2, the day NDA completes its 100 days in office.
“During campaigning, Modi had promised to bring back black money stashed in foreign banks, check inflation among other things. But they have not yet been fulfilled. Not only eatables but the rail fares have also gone up during this period,” UPCC president Nirmal Khatri told reporters here.
“Modi used to make tall claims on the issue of security on borders but during these 100 days China and Pakistan have carried out so many incursions and firing … communal clashes have also gone up and Kanth and Saharanpur are some of its examples,” Khatri said.
The UPCC President said, “when Modi government completes 100 days on September 2, Congress will hold protest marches at all the district headquarters.”
He also said that in the districts where Model Code of Conduct is under force because of the bypolls, permission will be sought from the administration for marches.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
Alleging misuse of official machinery and “pressurising of gram pradhans” in favour of the Samajwadi Party candidates in the upcoming bypolls, Khatri said he has sent a complaint in this regard to the Election Commission and demanded deployment of central forces for the bypolls.
The Congress leader claimed that BSP’s decision of not contesting the bypolls would benefit the Congress.