Government is mulling giving punitive powers to arrest, search and seize to National Commission for Women (NCW) in matters of domestic violence, police apathy and sexual harassment at work place and plans to extend NCW’s jurisdiction to Jammu and Kashmir.
The Ministry of Women and Child Devlopment has prepared a Cabinet note which proposes that the jurisdiction of NCW should be extended to the Jammu and Kashmir, sources in WCD ministry said.
In matters of domestic violence, police apathy and sexual harassment at work place, the Ministry has proposed to give NCW the power to investigate, search, seize, issue warrant and arrest, they said.
A Director General of Police (DGP) rank official will assist NCW in the investigations.
“The extension of jurisdiction has been proposed so that the women victims in the state (J&K )could have a forum for redressal,” a senior official said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
According to the note, NCW will also have some CrPC powers.