Jammu & Kashmir National Conference (NC) accused the NDA government of not allowing Kashmiri youths to return to J-K from across the border under return and rehabilitation policy on Thursday. NC urged the Mufti Sayeed government to ask the Centre to allow their come back.
“Till the UPA government was in Delhi and our government here, 350 youths (from across the border) had come back. But since the NDA came to power, none has returned back. They did not allowed even one to come back…stopped them,” Omar told the Assembly.
The Omar Abdullah government had formulated a rehabilitation policy for Kashmiri youths who had gone to PoK and Pakistan for arms training, but had shunned militancy.
- Kashmiri footballer who joined LeT returns, CM Mufti says 'my govt is committed towards a rehabilitation policy'
- Centre should prove my father wrong with 'actions', says Omar Abdullah
- Kashmir incomplete without Pandits: Farooq Abdullah
- Jammu and Kashmir BJP hits back at Omar Abdullah over 'communal divide' remark
- PC backs Omar: safe passage for PoK militants
- Govt to facilitate return of Kashmiri youths from PoK
“I was expecting that your agenda of alliance government will have a mention of it that people stranded across the border are brought back here. Here, we talked about West Pak refugees, but no mention of them in agenda for alliance or governor’s address or anywhere else,” he said.
“They want to return back to their homes and hearths…if you really want to support them, leave other ‘ghar wapsi’ programmes and support their ‘ghar wapsi’. Bring them back. We want to seek assurance from you,” Omar said.
“Be Nepal route only, you will impress upon the NDA government to continue the policy as per the UPA government,” he said.