Ruling National Conference and opposition PDP have condemned the killing of a polling official in a militant attack in Shopian district soon after voting for Anantnag Lok Sabha seat in Kashmir ended on Thursday.
“National Conference condemns the killing of a polling officer in an incident of armed violence in Shopian which also resulted in three CRPF personnel receiving serious injuries,” a spokesman of the ruling party said in a statement.
He said National Conference extends sympathy to the family of the bereaved officer, who lost his life during the conduct of his official duty and also to the injured persons.
Condemning the killing of polling officer, PDP said violence has no place in a civilised society.
“By splashing blood of innocents on the ground, we won’t be able to achieve anything,” a PDP spokesman said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Expressing solidarity with the bereaved family, PDP said violence in any form is not acceptable and would not solve any problems.
He also prayed for the speedy recovery of the injured in the incident.
A polling officer was killed while five others including three policemen were injured when militants opened fire on a polling party at Nagbal in Shopian late last evening.