Ruling National Conference and opposition PDP have condemned the killing of a polling official in a militant attack in Shopian district soon after voting for Anantnag Lok Sabha seat in Kashmir ended on Thursday.
“National Conference condemns the killing of a polling officer in an incident of armed violence in Shopian which also resulted in three CRPF personnel receiving serious injuries,” a spokesman of the ruling party said in a statement.
He said National Conference extends sympathy to the family of the bereaved officer, who lost his life during the conduct of his official duty and also to the injured persons.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
Condemning the killing of polling officer, PDP said violence has no place in a civilised society.
“By splashing blood of innocents on the ground, we won’t be able to achieve anything,” a PDP spokesman said.
Expressing solidarity with the bereaved family, PDP said violence in any form is not acceptable and would not solve any problems.
He also prayed for the speedy recovery of the injured in the incident.
A polling officer was killed while five others including three policemen were injured when militants opened fire on a polling party at Nagbal in Shopian late last evening.