A CRPF jawan was injured on Friday in an IED explosion triggered by naxals in Sukma district of Chhattisgarh, police said.
The incident occurred in the restive Tadmetla forests under Chintalnar police outpost limits when the paramilitary personnel were on an operation to cordon off the region, Sukma Superintendent of Police D Shrawan said.
A squad of Central Reserve Police Force was on an area domination exercise in Chintagufa forests, located around 500 kms away from Raipur, early this morning.
When they reached near Tademtla, naxals triggered a land mine blast and opened indiscriminate firing on security forces leaving one of them injured, the SP said.
However, when security forces launched retaliatory attack Maoists fled to the core forests, he added.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Soon after being informed, reinforcement was rushed to the spot and the injured jawan was admitted to a local hospital, he said.
A search operation has been launched to nab the attackers, he added.