A CRPF jawan was injured on Friday in an IED explosion triggered by naxals in Sukma district of Chhattisgarh, police said.
The incident occurred in the restive Tadmetla forests under Chintalnar police outpost limits when the paramilitary personnel were on an operation to cordon off the region, Sukma Superintendent of Police D Shrawan said.
A squad of Central Reserve Police Force was on an area domination exercise in Chintagufa forests, located around 500 kms away from Raipur, early this morning.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
When they reached near Tademtla, naxals triggered a land mine blast and opened indiscriminate firing on security forces leaving one of them injured, the SP said.
However, when security forces launched retaliatory attack Maoists fled to the core forests, he added.
Soon after being informed, reinforcement was rushed to the spot and the injured jawan was admitted to a local hospital, he said.
A search operation has been launched to nab the attackers, he added.