The Chief of Naval Staff Admiral R K Dhowan on Wednesday said that the Indian Navy has taken a ‘serious note’ of the recent accidents involving its submarines and the probe reports are in different stages.
“Inquiry procedures are very detailed. These are different incidents. The inquiry reports are in different stages. Some submitted by command, some at examination at naval headquarters,” the Naval chief, who is on a two day visit to Kerala, said in a brief interaction with media here.
Responding to queries if probe reports on mishaps concerning naval ships and submarines had been submitted, he said, “What was important is that even before the probe report has been submitted, some ‘stringent recommendations’ have been made on measures to be taken and these have been communicated to every single platform of the Indian Navy including ships, submarines and aircraft.”
The intention is that we should operate these platforms in a professional manner to ensure that we follow procedures and see that we do not make mistakes, Dhowan said.
About some reports quoting ‘Q’ branch police at Chennai that interrogation of a Sri Lankan national, a suspected ISI agent arrested recently, revealed that there were plans to attack the Southern Naval command and Ezhimala Naval academy, he said “We are always alert. We are a fighting force and we will always be alert to take on any contingency and the aspect of safety and security of our assets and personnel is of paramount importance.”
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review