The Chief of Naval Staff Admiral R K Dhowan on Wednesday said that the Indian Navy has taken a ‘serious note’ of the recent accidents involving its submarines and the probe reports are in different stages.
“Inquiry procedures are very detailed. These are different incidents. The inquiry reports are in different stages. Some submitted by command, some at examination at naval headquarters,” the Naval chief, who is on a two day visit to Kerala, said in a brief interaction with media here.
Responding to queries if probe reports on mishaps concerning naval ships and submarines had been submitted, he said, “What was important is that even before the probe report has been submitted, some ‘stringent recommendations’ have been made on measures to be taken and these have been communicated to every single platform of the Indian Navy including ships, submarines and aircraft.”
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
The intention is that we should operate these platforms in a professional manner to ensure that we follow procedures and see that we do not make mistakes, Dhowan said.
About some reports quoting ‘Q’ branch police at Chennai that interrogation of a Sri Lankan national, a suspected ISI agent arrested recently, revealed that there were plans to attack the Southern Naval command and Ezhimala Naval academy, he said “We are always alert. We are a fighting force and we will always be alert to take on any contingency and the aspect of safety and security of our assets and personnel is of paramount importance.”