Vice President Hamid Ansari,Congress President Sonia Gandhi and Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi also visited the memorial.
The leaders offered floral tributes at Indira Gandhi’s memorial Shakti Sthal on the banks of Yamuna.
Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde,External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid and Health Minister Ghulam Nabi Azad were among others who paid homage to Indira Gandhi.
A recorded speech by Indira Gandhi was played on the occasion following which tri-colour balloons were released by the leaders.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Devotional music was played during the programme.
Gandhi,was born on November 19,1917 in the politically influential Nehru family. She was the first woman Prime Minister of India.