Latching on to L K Advani’s remarks that BJP’s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi was an “efficient events manager”, Congress Saturday said the nation cannot be ruled by an “event manager or crony capitalist”.
“Event managers and crony capitalists can create a facade of well-being all around but BJP and Modi forget that the country can be run by leadership, policies and programmes, and not by event managers or crony capitalists,” Congress spokesperson Randip Surjewala said here today.
Asked about Advani’s remarks that he would not compare Modi with former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee, the Congress spokesperson said, “Advani has spoken the truth… It is the most apt truth spoken by the BJP’s patriarch either by mistake or consciously.”
He, however, added that “it must be consciously as he (Advani) is a man with a lot of political experience. He has rightfully stated that Modi is the best event manager”.
“The people will demolish the dreams of event managers like Modi to capture power. Their dream is not going to be realised,” Surjewala said.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
His remarks came soon after Advani, while filing his nomination from Gandhinagar Lok Sabha seat in Gujarat, praised Modi calling him an able administrator.
“I will not call Narendra bhai my protege, but I have never seen a more brilliant and efficient events manager than him.
“And this event management capacity he had brought to governance also. That has made him more suitable for the assignment, the party has given to him.”
He said Modi has proved a remarkable leader, not just of the BJP but even when he was an RSS pracharak.
Advani, however, said Modi should not be compared with Atal Bihari Vajpayee.
“I would not compare, certainly not to Atal ji. Atal ji was a class by himself. The main ideologue of the party was Deen Dayal Upadhyaya and the person to implement it in governance was Atal ji,” he said.