Latching on to L K Advani’s remarks that BJP’s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi was an “efficient events manager”, Congress Saturday said the nation cannot be ruled by an “event manager or crony capitalist”.
“Event managers and crony capitalists can create a facade of well-being all around but BJP and Modi forget that the country can be run by leadership, policies and programmes, and not by event managers or crony capitalists,” Congress spokesperson Randip Surjewala said here today.
Asked about Advani’s remarks that he would not compare Modi with former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee, the Congress spokesperson said, “Advani has spoken the truth… It is the most apt truth spoken by the BJP’s patriarch either by mistake or consciously.”
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
He, however, added that “it must be consciously as he (Advani) is a man with a lot of political experience. He has rightfully stated that Modi is the best event manager”.
“The people will demolish the dreams of event managers like Modi to capture power. Their dream is not going to be realised,” Surjewala said.
His remarks came soon after Advani, while filing his nomination from Gandhinagar Lok Sabha seat in Gujarat, praised Modi calling him an able administrator.
“I will not call Narendra bhai my protege, but I have never seen a more brilliant and efficient events manager than him.
“And this event management capacity he had brought to governance also. That has made him more suitable for the assignment, the party has given to him.”
He said Modi has proved a remarkable leader, not just of the BJP but even when he was an RSS pracharak.
Advani, however, said Modi should not be compared with Atal Bihari Vajpayee.
“I would not compare, certainly not to Atal ji. Atal ji was a class by himself. The main ideologue of the party was Deen Dayal Upadhyaya and the person to implement it in governance was Atal ji,” he said.