Expressing solidarity with Malaysia, Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Saturday wrote to his Malaysian counterpart saying the global outrage over the shooting down of aircraft MH17 was “justifiable” and India supports efforts to establish the exact circumstances of the incident.
In a letter to Mohammad Najib bin Tun Abdul Razak, Modi expressed his condolences on the loss of lives on board MH17.
Modi said there is “justifiable outrage across the world and India fully supports efforts for an investigation that can help establish the exact circumstances” in which the incident took place, a PMO statement said.
The aircraft was shot down while flying over Ukraine two days back, killing all 298 people on board and triggering a blame-game between Russia and the West.
Modi also referred to the tragedy that befell Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 some months ago, saying there is “still no closure” on that incident. The aircraft MH370 disappeared during a flight and there is still no concrete information about its whereabouts.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016