BJP Prime Ministerial nominee Narendra Modi is likely to give a miss to campaigning in Vadodara constituency from where he is contesting Lok Sabha election.
With just two weeks left for end of campaigning in Gujarat, which will go to vote on April 30, no election meeting or road show of Modi has been planned in the city, BJP sources said.
The Gujarat Chief Minister, who is extensively campaigning for his party all over the country, is sure to win from Vadodara, which he had described as his “karmabhoomi”, and hence there was no need for him to canvass, they said. Also, no other star campaigner of BJP or any senior leader is likely to visit here to drum up support for the Prime Ministerial nominee. The party is relying on its local network and leaders to reach out to voters, the sources said.
“When Modi is himself a star campaigner, where is the need for other star campaigners or national leaders of the BJP to visit Vadodara,? they asked. “It is because of his trust in the people of Vadodara that he is giving a miss to the constituency.”
“Our local machinery is holding meetings, working on personal contacts and concentrating on booth-level contacts,” said Saurabh Patel, Energy Minister and poll in charge of Modi.
In the past, the Gujarat Chief Minister had made it a point to address rallies in the State’s commercial hub whenever Assembly or local body polls were held. The saffron stalwart, pitted against senior Congress leader Madhusudan Mistry, visited the city on April 9 to file nomination papers. Before submitting his papers, Modi had led an impressive roadshow to the Collectorate in an open jeep.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Congress, on the other hand, is trying to rope in party chief Sonia Gandhi, her son Rahul and other top leaders to provide impetus to its campaign. However, no itinerary of Gandhi or Rahul has been finalised yet, party sources said. Mistry, a close aide of Rahul, is holding rallies in various parts of the city everyday.