Prime Minister Narendra Modi, who was invited by Brazilian President Dilma Rousseff to watch the World Cup football final next month, will not be attending the sporting event.
“I understand that there are no plans for the Prime Minister to be present at the football FIFA final,” the Spokesperson in the Ministry of External Affairs told reporters in New Delhi on Wednesday.
Modi is expected to travel to Brazil for a summit of the BRICS (Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa) countries which will be held between July 15 and 17 in the city of Fortaleza. The World Cup final will be held in Rio de Janeiro on July 13.
Given the proximity of the two events, the BRICS leaders were invited by Brazil to the football final.
Rousseff had last week invited Modi to watch the FIFA World Cup final.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Earlier this month, Modi had released commemorative postage stamps on the World Cup football.