According to Google Trends, the Gujarat Chief Minister topped the tally, followed by Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa Jayaram, Uttar Pradesh CM Akhilesh Yadav, West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee and Bihar CM Nitish Kumar.
Other most searched CMs of India included Shivraj Singh Chouhan (Madhya Pradesh), Vasundhara Raje (Rajasthan), Tarun Gogoi (Assam), Omar Abdullah (J&K) and Oommen Chandy (Kerala), Google said in a statement.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
The trends are for a time period of three months – from December 14 to March 13. “As we move closer towards the 2014 Elections for the 16th Lok Sabha, there is a lot focus on the Chief Ministers of different states and focus on the role that they will play to ensure how their respective parties fare in these elections. Google Search Trends decided to look at how the CMs are stacking up in terms of visibility online,” it added.
Within Congress, the top five most searched CMs were Tarun Gogoi, Oommen Chandy, Bhupinder Singh Hooda (Haryana), Virbhadra Singh (Himanchal Pradesh) and Harish Rawat (Uttranchal). For BJP, the top five most searched CMs were NarendraModi, Vasundhara Raje, Shivraj Singh Chouhan, Manohar Parrikar (Goa) and Raman Singh (Chhattisgarh).