Bringing the issue of legacy of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel back in public discourse, Congress on Monday accused BJP’s PM candidate Narendra Modi of “misguiding” the common people on leaders like Mahatma Gandhi and the independent India’s first home minister.
“People of the state are being misguided about Sardar Patel and I want to ask a question to those who are talking about constructing the ‘Statue of Unity’ that why were they silent despite being in power for more than one-and-half decades”, said Union Minister of Mines Dinshaw Patel.
He was speaking on the occasion of inaugurating Rajkot-Sarai Rohilla (Delhi) weekly express train service here. The “statue of unity” is said to be the dream project of the Gujarat chief minister who had last year laid the foundation stone for the statue coming up near Sardar Sarovar dam project.
“They (leaders) are talking about spending crores of rupees on the project but have contributed nothing to Sardar Patel museum at Shahibaug in Ahmedabad”, said Patel, also the chairman of Sardar Patel Memorial Society. He also accused the state government of working only for the benefit of corporates, saying the UPA government at Centre has taken a number of steps for welfare of the common man in the fields of health and education. On the train service, he said the train would run every Thursday between Rajkot and Sarai Rohilla (Delhi) and return to Rajkot on every Friday.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016