Bringing the issue of legacy of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel back in public discourse, Congress on Monday accused BJP’s PM candidate Narendra Modi of “misguiding” the common people on leaders like Mahatma Gandhi and the independent India’s first home minister.
“People of the state are being misguided about Sardar Patel and I want to ask a question to those who are talking about constructing the ‘Statue of Unity’ that why were they silent despite being in power for more than one-and-half decades”, said Union Minister of Mines Dinshaw Patel.
He was speaking on the occasion of inaugurating Rajkot-Sarai Rohilla (Delhi) weekly express train service here. The “statue of unity” is said to be the dream project of the Gujarat chief minister who had last year laid the foundation stone for the statue coming up near Sardar Sarovar dam project.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
“They (leaders) are talking about spending crores of rupees on the project but have contributed nothing to Sardar Patel museum at Shahibaug in Ahmedabad”, said Patel, also the chairman of Sardar Patel Memorial Society. He also accused the state government of working only for the benefit of corporates, saying the UPA government at Centre has taken a number of steps for welfare of the common man in the fields of health and education. On the train service, he said the train would run every Thursday between Rajkot and Sarai Rohilla (Delhi) and return to Rajkot on every Friday.