- Maha defeat for Congress
- Despite odds, a consolation
- NOTA beats smaller parties, tribals use it most
- Power shift: BJP may eye co-operative bodies next
- At 88, PWP MLA Ganpatrao Deshmukh wins his 11th Assembly polls
- Many BJP ‘imports’ fail election test despite Modi rallies
- Corruption taint spurs INLD debacle, Chautala scion loses
Narendra Modi is number one target of terrorists: Ex-Home Sec RK Singh
Former Home Secretary and Bharatiya Janata Party leader R K Singh on Monday said that the party’s Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi is on the top in terrorist hit-list and sought adequate security for him.
“Its not only today but even when I was Home Secretary of the country, Narendra Modi was on number one position in the hit-list of terrorists,” the bureaucrat-turned politician told reporters after filing his nomination from Ara Lok Sabha seat.
Singh said people know his track record and would judge wisely as who could serve them the best. Singh, who shot into limelight after arresting veteran BJP leader L K Advani in course of his rath yatra, is facing challenge from sitting MP Meena Singh of JD(U) and Bhagwan Singh Kushwaha of Lalu Prasad’s RJD.
Narendra Modi, whose rally at Patna on October 27 last year was rocked by bomb blasts killing eight persons, is scheduled to visit Bihar again on March 27 to address rallies at Sasaram, Aurangabad and Gaya.