Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Wednesday made it clear that he will work for strengthening the federal structure of the country and would like his office to consider issues, especially those raised by the states on priority and with sensitivity.
Holding his first formal meeting with officials of the Prime Minister’s Office (PMO) a day after taking charge, he laid thrust on leveraging modern technology and developing systems and processes for effective monitoring and resolution of issues which are particularly brought to his office.
Modi, who was given a detailed presentation on the structure and functions of the PMO, said that over the past several decades, it has evolved as an important institution and that its “best practices” should be carried forward.
During the course of the meeting, the Prime Minister stressed the need for resolving the people’s grievances on fast track basis, a PMO statement said.
“The Prime Minister also indicated that he would like his office to consider issues, especially those raised by the states on priority and with sensitivity,” it said.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
Modi said that “this is important because India’s progress lies in the progress of states and this would strengthen our federal structure”.
He also underscored the importance of addressing concerns raised by people’s representatives personally or through parliamentary procedures.
He emphasised on team work to bring in good governance and encouraged officials to freely interact with him with their ideas, the statement said.