The Narendra Modi Government has within 100 days in office brought the economy back on track, which is reflected in the increase in the GDP growth rate, Railway Minister D V Sadananda Gowda said on Saturday.
“I think the GDP has grown within a short span of 100 days (5.7 per cent in the first quarter). That itself shows the financial and economic conditions are on track,” he told reporters after the inauguration of Institute of Company Secretaries of India building.
However, people and media should evaluate government’s 100-day performance and ministers are doing their best to live upto people’s expectations, Gowda said.
“The evaluation should be done by the people of the country. Usually, the government in power – their ministers and party leaders say we did that we did this,” he said.
“What all things we said in the budget, those should be implemented first,” he said.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
Asked about his son Karthik Gowda’s case in which a Kannada starlet has claimed to be his wife and filed a complaint of rape and cheating against him, Gowda said law would take its own course and he wouldn’t comment more.
The woman, who has filed a complaint with police, has claimed that she was ditched by Karthik and wants his family to accept her as the daughter-in-law.
“Law will take its own course. Law is the same for everybody – whoever it may be – I have no comments because already the investigations are on. Let law take its own course,” he said.