The Narendra Modi Government has within 100 days in office brought the economy back on track, which is reflected in the increase in the GDP growth rate, Railway Minister D V Sadananda Gowda said on Saturday.
“I think the GDP has grown within a short span of 100 days (5.7 per cent in the first quarter). That itself shows the financial and economic conditions are on track,” he told reporters after the inauguration of Institute of Company Secretaries of India building.
However, people and media should evaluate government’s 100-day performance and ministers are doing their best to live upto people’s expectations, Gowda said.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
“The evaluation should be done by the people of the country. Usually, the government in power – their ministers and party leaders say we did that we did this,” he said.
“What all things we said in the budget, those should be implemented first,” he said.
Asked about his son Karthik Gowda’s case in which a Kannada starlet has claimed to be his wife and filed a complaint of rape and cheating against him, Gowda said law would take its own course and he wouldn’t comment more.
The woman, who has filed a complaint with police, has claimed that she was ditched by Karthik and wants his family to accept her as the daughter-in-law.
“Law will take its own course. Law is the same for everybody – whoever it may be – I have no comments because already the investigations are on. Let law take its own course,” he said.