A seven-year-old girl was allegedly raped inside her nanny’s house in Kamakshipalya on Friday. Police said the 28-year-old son of the nanny has been arrested for the offence, which was reported on Tuesday night.
The child’s mother, an employee at a garment factory, alleged her daughter was at the nanny’s house when the rape took place, additional commissioner of police (law and order) Alok Kumar said. The victim is a class II student in a private school in west Bangalore.
On Friday, Srinivasa alias Seena, who works as a carpenter, allegedly found the child alone and raped her. The victim told her mother about the incident when she returned from work. The police registered a case of rape under section 376 of the IPC and sections 3, 4 and 9 of the Protection of Children from Sexual Offenses (POCSO) Act, 2012.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
In another incident, a 13-year-old girl was allegedly raped by a 53-year-old neighbour in Kashinagar near Kumaraswamy Layout in south Bangalore. The accused, identified as Dhanakoti, is a native of Tamil Nadu, DCP (south division) H S Revanna said.
Police said the victim was at her residence with her sister and a cousin when the incident took place Tuesday night. The child’s parents had gone to a hospital to see a relative. The accused has been arrested.