A seven-year-old girl was allegedly raped inside her nanny’s house in Kamakshipalya on Friday. Police said the 28-year-old son of the nanny has been arrested for the offence, which was reported on Tuesday night.
The child’s mother, an employee at a garment factory, alleged her daughter was at the nanny’s house when the rape took place, additional commissioner of police (law and order) Alok Kumar said. The victim is a class II student in a private school in west Bangalore.
On Friday, Srinivasa alias Seena, who works as a carpenter, allegedly found the child alone and raped her. The victim told her mother about the incident when she returned from work. The police registered a case of rape under section 376 of the IPC and sections 3, 4 and 9 of the Protection of Children from Sexual Offenses (POCSO) Act, 2012.
In another incident, a 13-year-old girl was allegedly raped by a 53-year-old neighbour in Kashinagar near Kumaraswamy Layout in south Bangalore. The accused, identified as Dhanakoti, is a native of Tamil Nadu, DCP (south division) H S Revanna said.
Police said the victim was at her residence with her sister and a cousin when the incident took place Tuesday night. The child’s parents had gone to a hospital to see a relative. The accused has been arrested.
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation