Homegrown IT firm Innovazion has named its new antivirus software ‘NaMo’, the popular short name of Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
The software will provide free protection to PC users against malware and virus attacks. While the current version offers basic protection, the company plans to launch advanced versions of the software as well as those for Apple’s Mac PCs. The current software will also get regular updates.
“India is the third largest country globally in terms of Internet users. However, statistics show that only 13 per cent are using valid license of antivirus software and 30 per cent tend to re-install trial versions of same or other antivirus software,” Innovazion CEO Abhishek Gagneja told PTI.
However, the remaining 57 per cent systems either have no protection or are using unknown applications for protection oftheir devices and this is the segment that NaMo AV is targetting, he added.
Gagneja, however, clarified that the company has no association with any political party or its leaders.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“By building this software, we wanted to … congratulate the current government. We also want to pass a message to the government that the nation has high expectations from them,” he said.
The anti-virus has features like real-time detection of infections, intelligent scanning, custom detection and islight on hard drive.
Started in 2007, Innovazion has a presence in seven countries including India, the US, the UK, Germany, Canada, Romania, China and Singapore with over 500 employees.
Its primary services are application development, business consulting, IT infrastructure management and marketing research.
Asked about the revenue model, Gagneja said the company would continue to offer the security software for free.
“We have other businesses that are doing well. Last year, the group’s revenue was USD 16 million, which we expect will grow 100 per cent this year. NaMo AV will continue to be a free product,” he said.