The probe into the mysterious death of a 24-year-old woman IT employee, whose decomposed body was found at Siruseri near here, was on Sunday transferred to the Crime Branch-CID of the Tamil Nadu Police, a senior police official said.
“The case has been transferred from local police to CB-CID for further investigation,” Director General of Police K Ramanujam told PTI.
Meanwhile, the autopsy on the body conducted at the Government Hospital at Chengalpattu in Kancheepuram district revealed that she had stab injuries in four places, which is believed to have led to her death, police said.
Police investigations have revealed that the deceased, Uma Maheswari, left her office at 10.13 PM on February 13 and her phone was switched off around 10.30 PM, they said.
Steps were on to press an unmanned aerial vehicle to locate the missing mobile phone, which was last found being used from the SIPCOT IT campus, some 35 km from here, police said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Police said Inspector Subbiah of Kelambakkam police station has been placed under suspension for not taking action on the victim’s father’s complaint that his daughter was missing since February 13.
Ramanujam visited the spot this morning along with ADGP T K Rajendran and reviewed the status of the case.
The woman’s body was found near her office premises near Siruseri in the city outskirts Saturday, nine days after she went missing.
Maheswari, a native of Salem district, lived in Medavakkam and had been working with Tata Consultancy Services at nearby Siruseri since February 2013.