The probe into the mysterious death of a 24-year-old woman IT employee, whose decomposed body was found at Siruseri near here, was on Sunday transferred to the Crime Branch-CID of the Tamil Nadu Police, a senior police official said.
“The case has been transferred from local police to CB-CID for further investigation,” Director General of Police K Ramanujam told PTI.
Meanwhile, the autopsy on the body conducted at the Government Hospital at Chengalpattu in Kancheepuram district revealed that she had stab injuries in four places, which is believed to have led to her death, police said.
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
- 24 Maoists Killed In Encounter In Odisha
Police investigations have revealed that the deceased, Uma Maheswari, left her office at 10.13 PM on February 13 and her phone was switched off around 10.30 PM, they said.
Steps were on to press an unmanned aerial vehicle to locate the missing mobile phone, which was last found being used from the SIPCOT IT campus, some 35 km from here, police said.
Police said Inspector Subbiah of Kelambakkam police station has been placed under suspension for not taking action on the victim’s father’s complaint that his daughter was missing since February 13.
Ramanujam visited the spot this morning along with ADGP T K Rajendran and reviewed the status of the case.
The woman’s body was found near her office premises near Siruseri in the city outskirts Saturday, nine days after she went missing.
Maheswari, a native of Salem district, lived in Medavakkam and had been working with Tata Consultancy Services at nearby Siruseri since February 2013.