Eight persons have been arrested and cases registered against 15 people in connection with fresh communal violence in Budhana area of Muzaffarnagar district where paramilitary forces are patrolling tense areas.
Eight persons were arrested in connection with the latest round of violence and security was enhanced in the entire district where tension ran high,officials said.
Cases have been registered against 15 persons at Budana Police Station,SSP,Muzaffarnagar,H M Singh said.
District Magistrate Kaushal Raj had said Wednesday that three victims,identified as Afroz,20,Meherban,21,and Ajmal,22,were beaten to death while another was injured in clashes between members of two communities at Muhammadpurraisingh village.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Sources said the victims were among those people staying in relief camps after the recent riots.
The incident appeared to be a fallout of the communal tension in the region. Muhammadpurraisingh village was one of places affected by the riots last month.
Residents of Muhammadpurraisingh clashed with people belonging to Hussainpur village that led to the death of the three youths,the sources had said.
Though the two villages are at a distance of a kilometre,their agricultural fields are situated nearby,the sources had said,adding some people spread rumours that five persons were planning to attack members of a community residing at Muhammadpurraisingh village.
Meanwhile,a 22-year-old woman Reena was shot dead and her 25-year-old husband Rajender was shot at and injured by unidentified assailants on Hasanpurkar-Lisar road last evening,police said.
They were returning to their village Lisar from Shamli district when the incident took place,they said.
Police is investigating whether the killing is related to the fresh communal violence in the district.