Eight persons have been arrested and cases registered against 15 people in connection with fresh communal violence in Budhana area of Muzaffarnagar district where paramilitary forces are patrolling tense areas.
Eight persons were arrested in connection with the latest round of violence and security was enhanced in the entire district where tension ran high,officials said.
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
Cases have been registered against 15 persons at Budana Police Station,SSP,Muzaffarnagar,H M Singh said.
District Magistrate Kaushal Raj had said Wednesday that three victims,identified as Afroz,20,Meherban,21,and Ajmal,22,were beaten to death while another was injured in clashes between members of two communities at Muhammadpurraisingh village.
Sources said the victims were among those people staying in relief camps after the recent riots.
The incident appeared to be a fallout of the communal tension in the region. Muhammadpurraisingh village was one of places affected by the riots last month.
Residents of Muhammadpurraisingh clashed with people belonging to Hussainpur village that led to the death of the three youths,the sources had said.
Though the two villages are at a distance of a kilometre,their agricultural fields are situated nearby,the sources had said,adding some people spread rumours that five persons were planning to attack members of a community residing at Muhammadpurraisingh village.
Meanwhile,a 22-year-old woman Reena was shot dead and her 25-year-old husband Rajender was shot at and injured by unidentified assailants on Hasanpurkar-Lisar road last evening,police said.
They were returning to their village Lisar from Shamli district when the incident took place,they said.
Police is investigating whether the killing is related to the fresh communal violence in the district.