Four BJP legislators, including Muzaffarnagar riots-accused Sangeet Som, were today detained here after they tried to defy a ban on the party from holding a ‘mahapanchayat’ in Kanth area here.
The ‘mahapanchayat’ or gathering was called by the state BJP today after a recent dispute in Kanth, over a loudspeaker installed at a temple, which led to communal tension in the area.
Som, a Sardhana MLA, Amroha MP Kunwar Singh Tanwar, Sambhal MP Satyapal Saini from and Rampur MP Nepal Singh have been detained and sent to police lines, Moradabad Commissioner, Shiv Shankar Singh said.
Apart from these legislators, members of RSS and Hindu Maha Sabha along with their supporters were also present who wanted to hold the mahapanchayat, he said.
Section 144 has been imposed in the area. All roads have been sealed. And, we will take all measures to stop the party from holding this gathering, Singh said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“Rail traffic route has been disturbed due to the agitation. Train services in both the lines were also affected,” ADRM Moradabad Division, Hitendra Mehrotra said.
BJP agitators sat on the tracks and disrupted rail services. They also resorted to stone-pelting there. Moradabad District Magistrate Chandra Kant was injured during the incident, SP, Rural Area, Anil Kumar Singh said.