Over 315 people of those displaced during the 2013 Muzaffaranagar riots and rehabilitated in Palda village here will be eligible to vote in the Uttar Pradesh panchayat polls.
Names of more than 315 people of those displaced from Kutba village during the riots in 2013 figure in the voters
list. They are eligible to exercise their franchise during the fourth phase polling on October 29, Sub-Divisional Magistrate Gyan Prakash Tripathi told reporters here.
- Muzaffarnagar riot victims attacked for objecting to harassment
- Woman rehabilitated during Muzaffarnagar riots found dead
- Muzaffarnagar riots: Bail plea of accused rejected
- Bail plea of Muzaffarnagar riot accused rejected
- Riot victims fight fear to vote, get glimpse of home
- Muzaffarnagar riots: Four locals arrested for Kutba killings
Hundreds of people who were displaced from Kutba village had resettled in Palda village. Eight persons were killed and many injured in the violence there.
Panchayat polls in the state are scheduled to to be held in four phases – October 9, 13, 17 and 29.