Union Tourism Minister Shripad Naik termed the demise of BJP leader and Rural Development Minister Gopinath Munde as an irreversible loss for the party.
“It is an irreversible loss for the BJP. Munde was among those leaders who were instrumental in growth of party in Maharashtra, Goa and also nationally,” said Naik, who was with the deceased leader till late last night.
Munde was a grassroots level leader who had climbed up the ladder of success through sheer dedication and social work. He was also responsible for BJP’s landslide victory in the recently held Lok Sabha elections, he said.
Naik, who hails from Goa, recalled that Munde was at the helm of affairs of the party in the state before the 2012 Assembly elections, which saw Manohar Parrikar-led government getting majority.
“He was like a mentor for Goa BJP leaders. Whenever we required any advice, he was available. We have lost someone who is closest to us,” reacted Naik.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Munde, 64, died in a road accident in Delhi on Tuesday morning.