Union Tourism Minister Shripad Naik termed the demise of BJP leader and Rural Development Minister Gopinath Munde as an irreversible loss for the party.
“It is an irreversible loss for the BJP. Munde was among those leaders who were instrumental in growth of party in Maharashtra, Goa and also nationally,” said Naik, who was with the deceased leader till late last night.
Munde was a grassroots level leader who had climbed up the ladder of success through sheer dedication and social work. He was also responsible for BJP’s landslide victory in the recently held Lok Sabha elections, he said.
- 24 Maoists Killed In Encounter In Odisha
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
Naik, who hails from Goa, recalled that Munde was at the helm of affairs of the party in the state before the 2012 Assembly elections, which saw Manohar Parrikar-led government getting majority.
“He was like a mentor for Goa BJP leaders. Whenever we required any advice, he was available. We have lost someone who is closest to us,” reacted Naik.
Munde, 64, died in a road accident in Delhi on Tuesday morning.