Intitiating the probe into the death of former Union Minister Gopinath Munde, CBI on Tuesday inspected the crime scene where he had met with the accident which collided with a taxi in New Delhi on June 3.
CBI sources said the special crime team of the agency also met the Delhi Police officials, who probed the matter, and collected relevant documents from them.
The agency on Monday had registered the case on the request of the Home Ministry.
“The Central Bureau of Investigation has registered a case U/s 279 (rash driving) and 304A (causing death by negligence) of IPC against unknown persons relating to accidental death of Gopinath Munde, the then Union Minister for Rural Development and Punchayati Raj (GOI) at Delhi on June 3, 2014,” CBI spokesperson said on Tuesday.
Sixty four-year-old Munde, a popular backward class leader from Maharashtra, was on his way to Indira Gandhi Airport on June 3 when his car was hit by another vehicle at the Prithviraj Road-Tughlak Road roundabout in the heart of the national capital.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Munde died due to shock and haemorrage following injuries to his neck and liver in the road accident.
Delhi Police had registered a case against 32-year-old Gurvinder Singh, the driver of the car which hit Munde’s vehicle.
BJP leaders from Maharashtra, including former party president Nitin Gadkari, had sought a CBI inquiry into Munde’s death.
NCP chief Sharad Pawar had also asked Modi to initiate a CBI probe into the incident to bring out the “facts” and assuage the feelings of the BJP leader’s supporters.