A police contingent has been deployed outside Wadia International Centre at Lower Parel since Wednesday. The deployment would be during duty hours alone, sources said, adding that threat perception would be reviewed before providing personal security to the industrialist.
“Policemen have been deployed outside the Wadias’ office. No security has been provided to any individual. We will review threat perception and then decide if there is a need to provide personal security to anybody,” Additional Police Commissioner (Central Region) Madhukar Pandey said.
Nusli Wadia’s elder son Ness is embroiled in a bitter feud with his former girlfriend and Bollywood actress Preity Zinta, who has accused the Bombay Dyeing group scion of abuse and molestation during an IPL match on May 30.
The 39-year-old actress had filed a police complaint against Ness Wadia (44) on June 12 night alleging he had molested her at Wankhede stadium during an IPL match between Kings XI Punjab and Chennai Super Kings.
Ness and Zinta continue to be co-owners of IPL team Kings XI Punjab despite their break up a few years ago. Based on her complaint, Marine Drive police station have registered an FIR and is probing the allegations.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
The matter turned murkier when the Wadia group filed a police complaint on Tuesday claiming they had received threatening calls and a text message from underworld don Ravi Pujari warning that their ‘business will be in trouble’ if the actress was harassed.
Two personal secretaries to Nusli Wadia were said to have received five calls and a threatening text message from Pujari on Monday following which an FIR was registered and the case handed over to the Anti-Extortion Cell of the Crime Branch for probe.