A police contingent has been deployed outside Wadia International Centre at Lower Parel since Wednesday. The deployment would be during duty hours alone, sources said, adding that threat perception would be reviewed before providing personal security to the industrialist.
“Policemen have been deployed outside the Wadias’ office. No security has been provided to any individual. We will review threat perception and then decide if there is a need to provide personal security to anybody,” Additional Police Commissioner (Central Region) Madhukar Pandey said.
Nusli Wadia’s elder son Ness is embroiled in a bitter feud with his former girlfriend and Bollywood actress Preity Zinta, who has accused the Bombay Dyeing group scion of abuse and molestation during an IPL match on May 30.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
The 39-year-old actress had filed a police complaint against Ness Wadia (44) on June 12 night alleging he had molested her at Wankhede stadium during an IPL match between Kings XI Punjab and Chennai Super Kings.
Ness and Zinta continue to be co-owners of IPL team Kings XI Punjab despite their break up a few years ago. Based on her complaint, Marine Drive police station have registered an FIR and is probing the allegations.
The matter turned murkier when the Wadia group filed a police complaint on Tuesday claiming they had received threatening calls and a text message from underworld don Ravi Pujari warning that their ‘business will be in trouble’ if the actress was harassed.
Two personal secretaries to Nusli Wadia were said to have received five calls and a threatening text message from Pujari on Monday following which an FIR was registered and the case handed over to the Anti-Extortion Cell of the Crime Branch for probe.