DUPLEX bungalows, agriculture land, commercial and residential plots, a hotel and a hostel were among 25 properties a government official admitted to owning during a raid by the Lokayukta Police Thursday.
Though the Lokayukta Police refused to publicly evaluate the total worth of the properties owned by Deputy Commissioner (Revenue) Ravikant Dwiwedi , privately they said the market value at the current rate could easily exceed Rs 50 crore.
Dwiwedi was at his home in Gulmohar Colony in Bhopal when the raids were carried out at his residential and commercial properties in and around the capital. The senior revenue officer, who had joined the state administrative service in 1987, tried to throw his weight around and refused to cooperate.
At one point he closeted himself in a room, saying he would not open it come what may. The official had served as deputy collector in some districts and was also posted at the state textbook corporation. He owns more than two printing presses in Govindpura in the name of his relatives.
Lokayukta SP Siddharth Chaudhary said several complaints had been received against Dwiwedi for amassing properties in his and his family members names, most of them in posh and commercial localities in Bhopal. He owns a hotel in M P Nagar and a brick unit in Mandideep.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More