Madhya Pradesh government will gradually raise the reservation of women in state police from the current 10 per cent to 30 per cent to enhance their representation in the force.
Talking to reporters on the sidelines of BJP’s women wing programme, Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Chouhan said, “At present, only 10 per cent reservation is granted to women in police constable recruitment. Gradually, we will raise it to 30 per cent so that more women join the force.”
He also informed that in the days to come, the state government would organise Mahila Panchayat to discuss the issue of women empowerment by taking suggestions from women belonging to all sections of the society.
The Chief Minister said that in view of large number of people calling on the ‘CM Helpline 181’ to register their problems, more telephone lines would be added.
However, Chouhan did not answer any queries on the issue of alleged irregularities in the Madhya Pradesh Public Service Commission (MPPSC) exam.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More