The Minister of State in PMO, Dr Jitendra Singh, got a taste of the factional fighting within his party unit at Udhampur when two groups came to blows on a dias making him to hurriedly address the gathering before leaving the venue.
One party worker has been taken into custody by the police, with party leaders accompanying Singh expressing displeasure over the incident. Though Singh did not speak over the issue on the occasion, one of them said that stern action will be taken against guilty in the matter.
The trouble erupted immediately after an ex-corporator Raju Chandel took the mike when Singh came on the dias in the community hall. When the local party leaders were garlanding him, verbal dual started between Chandel and the supporters of Pawan Khajuria, a local BJP leader over some issue.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
As the altercation led to blows and raising of slogans between them, Jitendra Singh went out of the hall along with other party leaders accompanying him from Jammu. The high voltage drama between both the groups continued for nearly 20 minutes until Singh returned to the hall following intervention by some senior leaders.
Chandel owes allegiance to a faction headed by Pawan Gupta, son of veteran party leader Shiv Charan Gupta, while Pawan Khajuria is in the opposite faction. As both Pawan Gupta and Pawan Khajuria are strong contenders for party ticket from Udhampur during the coming Assembly elections, they do not leave any opportunity to brow beat each other in front of senior party leaders.