President Pranab Mukherjee Friday advocated monitoring of social media for “incendiary messages” in view of “worrying increase” in communal violence in parts of the country.
“There is a worrying increase in communal violence in some parts of our country. To control its spread, the communication system — both external and internal— has to be strengthened,” he said, adding, “The social media, which enables reaching out quickly to large number of people, has to be incessantly monitored for any incendiary messages. Early warning systems have to be put to effective use in potentially troublesome situations.”
Addressing a function organised as part of CRPF’s Diamond Jubilee celebration, the President asked central armed forces to be “sensitive” in areas affected by Left Wing Extremism, and pushed them to ensure a fair election.
On the issue of terrorism, Mukherjee said India was a constant target of extremist groups, and that security forces have to be alert to avert terror strikes in the country.
“The pernicious designs of the terrorists have to be defeated at all levels… To my mind, using information technology, harnessing better intelligence, and drawing greater cooperation from the people would be the key,” he added.
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked