Entire opposition from Kashmir Valley today walked out from the State Legislative Assembly during question hour in protest against transfer of SHO Shaheedganj police station who was investigating into the alleged molestation of a lady doctor by former Health Minister Shabir Khan.
Shabir Khan, who had to resign from Omar Abdullah led coalition ministry following registration of an FIR by police in the matter, is on bail at present.
The government has transferred the official as he was honestly conducting investigations in the matter involving former minister, PDP legislator Abdul Gaffar Sofi said. The government is trying to sheild the former minister, he said as Speaker Mubarak Gul tried to pacify him saying that the matter was sub judice and transfer of an official was a routine matter.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Sofi was joined by other PDP members who also left their seats and gathered at the entrance of well of the House. The other opposition members including M Y Tarigami of CPI (M) , Hakeem Yaseen of Peoples Democratic Front and Independent MLA Engineer Rashid also stood up criticusibg government in the matter. Later, all of them staged walk out frim the House.