Entire opposition from Kashmir Valley today walked out from the State Legislative Assembly during question hour in protest against transfer of SHO Shaheedganj police station who was investigating into the alleged molestation of a lady doctor by former Health Minister Shabir Khan.
Shabir Khan, who had to resign from Omar Abdullah led coalition ministry following registration of an FIR by police in the matter, is on bail at present.
The government has transferred the official as he was honestly conducting investigations in the matter involving former minister, PDP legislator Abdul Gaffar Sofi said. The government is trying to sheild the former minister, he said as Speaker Mubarak Gul tried to pacify him saying that the matter was sub judice and transfer of an official was a routine matter.
Sofi was joined by other PDP members who also left their seats and gathered at the entrance of well of the House. The other opposition members including M Y Tarigami of CPI (M) , Hakeem Yaseen of Peoples Democratic Front and Independent MLA Engineer Rashid also stood up criticusibg government in the matter. Later, all of them staged walk out frim the House.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016