Predicting smooth sailing for the Congress during the upcoming Lok Sabha elections in Himachal Pradesh,which sends four MPs to Parliament,Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh said the BJPs graph was at its lowest due to serious irregularities during its regime.
Addressing a review meeting of the PCC at Shimla parliamentary seat,the CM said he personally respected Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi but felt sorry that his party would draw a blank in the state.
Modis appointment as prime ministerial candidate was the BJPs internal matter,but I do not see any chances of his winning the election and forming the next government. He will have no impact in Himachal Pradesh. Modi had been the partys in-charge in Himachal,he campaigned in the 2009 Lok Sabha polls and the 2012 Assembly elections. Look at the outcome, said Virbhadra.
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
- 24 Maoists Killed In Encounter In Odisha
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
The meeting,the third in the series for each parliamentary constituency,was presided over by PCC president Sukhwinder Sukhu. Senior Congress leaders,ministers,MLAs,block and district presidents,chairmen and vice-chairmen of zila parishad and BDC also attended.
Virbhadra recalled how the Congress had stormed back to power in 2012 despite the BJPs attempts to malign him by filing false cases and fabricating FIRs whereas he was acquitted by court after trials.