Predicting smooth sailing for the Congress during the upcoming Lok Sabha elections in Himachal Pradesh,which sends four MPs to Parliament,Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh said the BJPs graph was at its lowest due to serious irregularities during its regime.
Addressing a review meeting of the PCC at Shimla parliamentary seat,the CM said he personally respected Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi but felt sorry that his party would draw a blank in the state.
Modis appointment as prime ministerial candidate was the BJPs internal matter,but I do not see any chances of his winning the election and forming the next government. He will have no impact in Himachal Pradesh. Modi had been the partys in-charge in Himachal,he campaigned in the 2009 Lok Sabha polls and the 2012 Assembly elections. Look at the outcome, said Virbhadra.
The meeting,the third in the series for each parliamentary constituency,was presided over by PCC president Sukhwinder Sukhu. Senior Congress leaders,ministers,MLAs,block and district presidents,chairmen and vice-chairmen of zila parishad and BDC also attended.
Virbhadra recalled how the Congress had stormed back to power in 2012 despite the BJPs attempts to malign him by filing false cases and fabricating FIRs whereas he was acquitted by court after trials.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016