Claiming that the Congress will not touch double digits in any state, BJP’s Prime Ministerial candidate, Narendra Modi said on Friday it was time to vote for a decisive government in the interest of the country.
Addressing five back-to-back rallies across Punjab as part of his Bharat Vijay rally, Modi came prepared on issues confronting each constituency he was addressing and touched upon issues like “narco-terrorism”, drug menace, problems faced by residents in border areas, industry and suicides by farmers in the cotton belt.
In the backdrop of smuggling of drugs, Modi warned Pakistan against nefarious designs under which it was resorting to narco-terrorism to destroy the youth.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
He said while the country was reeling under a crisis, Sonia Gandhi’s single-point agenda was to make her son the next Prime Minister.
“We do not want just a new government, but a strong government. Neither the jawan nor the kisan is happy in this country,” he said addressing his rally in Bathinda.
Modi unveiled a “5 F” (farm, fibre, fabric, fashion, foreign countries ) formula for the cotton belt and declared it would transform the life of farmers would be transformed of their life as their product will end up in countries abroad providing them dividends.
In Pathankot, where Modi canvassed for Vinod Khanna (BJP), he broached the issue of drugs and warned the countries responsible for supplying drugs. “Our youth is being consumed gradually. We will address this issue when we come to power,” he promised.
Praising Khanna, Modi said he believed in simple living and had a connect with the people of his constituency. He also recalled how Khanna’s gesture had helped the people of Gujarat during the 2001 earthquake.
Continuing the drug theme in Hoshiarpur while campaigning for BJP’s Vijay Kumar Sampla, Modi said every mother in Punjab was scared of her son getting hooked to drugs.
He also touched upon issues like wastage of surplus grains due to lack of storage and proper transport management.