Prime Minister Narendra Modi is scheduled to sail on country’s largest warship and aircraft carrier INS Vikramaditya off the coast of Goa in the Arabian Sea on Saturday, his first visit after assuming office last month.
“The Prime Minister would be embarking on the ‘carrier at sea’ by helicopter and is likely to witness a host of exercises by the frontline warships and aircraft of the Navy,” a Defence Ministry spokesperson said here.
This is Prime Minister’s first visit outside Delhi after taking over on May 26.
During his stay on the 44,500-tonne Vikramaditya, acquired from Russia for over Rs 15,000 crore, Modi would witness ‘air power demonstration’ by various naval aircraft, including MiG 29K, Sea Harriers, P 8I Long Range Maritime Patrol Anti-Submarine Warfare aircraft, TU 142M and IL-38SD maritime surveillance planes along with Kamov and Sea King helicopters.
He will also witness high-speed manoeuvres by the Navy’s Western Fleet ships including aircraft carrier INS Viraat, Delhi-class destroyers and Talwar-class frigates.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
The Prime minister shall also witness the take-off and ‘arrestor wire landing operations’ and high-speed low-level operations of MiG29 K integral fighters planes onboard the flight deck of Vikramaditya, officials said.
Modi is also scheduled to interact with the crew onboard and address officers and sailors of the Navy. He is also scheduled to inaugurate the Shore-based Test Facilty meant for practising carrier-based take-off and landing operations.