Commuters could face a tough timeon Monday as the Traffic Police on Friday issued an advisory asking them to avoid major roads in and around Rashtrapati Bhawan in the evening from 4pm onwards owing to the swearing in ceremony of Narendra Modi as the Prime Minister.
The traffic police has decided to close down Rajpath (from Vijay Chowk to Rashtrapati Bhawan), Vijay Chowk and its North and South Fountain area, South Avenue Marg, North Avenue Marg, Dalhousie Road and Church Road on May 26 between 4.00 pm to 8.00 pm.
The decision to close down the roads was taken as part of the elaborate security arrangements for the event which would be attended by a number of important Heads of States, senior political leaders, diplomats, dignitaries, senior government functionaries and media persons, the advisory said.
Apart from closing down those roads, there would be diversions on other routes around Rashtrapati Bhawan to facilitate movement of VVIPs/VIPs. The roads where diversions would be in place are Raisina Road (beyond roundabout of Rail Bhawan towards Parliament House), Pandit Pant Marg (beyond roundabout of Talkatora towards Parliament House) and K Kamraj Marg (beyond roundabout of Kamraj Marg towards R P Bhawan).
Diversions would also be in place at Moti Lal Nehru Marg (beyond roundabout of Udyog Bhawan towards R P Bhawan), E-Block, Security Lines Road, Mother Teresa Crescent, Sardar Patel Marg, Vinay Marg, Shanker Road and roundabout of RML Hospital, the traffic advisory said.
Motorists and general public have been advised to avoid these routes tomorrow and Sunday afternoon as well as there would be rehearsals of the event on these two days.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Adequate signages and boards have been provided for the information of invitees and other road users and all motorists are also requested to adhere to the directions of the traffic policemen on duty, the traffic advisory said.