Commuters could face a tough timeon Monday as the Traffic Police on Friday issued an advisory asking them to avoid major roads in and around Rashtrapati Bhawan in the evening from 4pm onwards owing to the swearing in ceremony of Narendra Modi as the Prime Minister.
The traffic police has decided to close down Rajpath (from Vijay Chowk to Rashtrapati Bhawan), Vijay Chowk and its North and South Fountain area, South Avenue Marg, North Avenue Marg, Dalhousie Road and Church Road on May 26 between 4.00 pm to 8.00 pm.
The decision to close down the roads was taken as part of the elaborate security arrangements for the event which would be attended by a number of important Heads of States, senior political leaders, diplomats, dignitaries, senior government functionaries and media persons, the advisory said.
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
- 24 Maoists Killed In Encounter In Odisha
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
Apart from closing down those roads, there would be diversions on other routes around Rashtrapati Bhawan to facilitate movement of VVIPs/VIPs. The roads where diversions would be in place are Raisina Road (beyond roundabout of Rail Bhawan towards Parliament House), Pandit Pant Marg (beyond roundabout of Talkatora towards Parliament House) and K Kamraj Marg (beyond roundabout of Kamraj Marg towards R P Bhawan).
Diversions would also be in place at Moti Lal Nehru Marg (beyond roundabout of Udyog Bhawan towards R P Bhawan), E-Block, Security Lines Road, Mother Teresa Crescent, Sardar Patel Marg, Vinay Marg, Shanker Road and roundabout of RML Hospital, the traffic advisory said.
Motorists and general public have been advised to avoid these routes tomorrow and Sunday afternoon as well as there would be rehearsals of the event on these two days.
Adequate signages and boards have been provided for the information of invitees and other road users and all motorists are also requested to adhere to the directions of the traffic policemen on duty, the traffic advisory said.