Kerala police on Tuesday registered a case against the principal, the student editor and five others of a government technical training institute on charges of insulting Prime Minister Narendra Modi in the institute magazine.
In February, the student magazine of Government Polytechnic at Kunnamkulam in Thrissur had carried the photograph of Modi along with those of sandalwood smuggler Veerappan, Hitler, terrorist Ajmal Kasab, LTTE leader V Prabhakaran and Osama Bin Laden. All these photographs were put in a single page under the title, “negative faces”.
The magazine was brought out by the college union Students Federation of India, the student wing of CPM. The case was registered under various sections of IPC 153, 500, 501 and 504.
Institute principal Babu Raj said a few students owing allegiance to ABVP complained against the magazine on Monday. “Although the magazine was for 2012-13 academic year, it was brought out only in February this year. On account of the controversy, the magazine stands withdrawn with immediate effect.”
Student editor Praveen Kumar said ABVP men were creating an untimely controversy as the magazine was published months ago. But the principal said the magazine was distributed among students only last week.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest