Prime Minister Narendra Modi, who has earlier been denied US visa as the chief minister of Gujarat, is now expected to meet US President Barack Obama in Washington in September. According to reports, the Prime Minister has decided to go to the US for the UN General Assembly meeting.
The US has proposed a Summit meeting between President Barack Obama and Prime Minister Narendra Modi in the last week of September and the invitation is under consideration here, official sources said on Thursday.
During the course of his trip, Modi will meet Obama and is likely to have a dialogue with him on bilateral issues concerning the two countries. However, the date for the meeting is yet to be decided.
It is understood that Washington has proposed September 30 as the date for the meeting but the Indian side is looking at clubbing the bilateral meeting with Modi’s visit to the US for the United Nations General Assembly around September 26.
US President Barack Obama had congratulated Prime Minister Narendra Modi during a phone call and discussed Indo-US strategic partnership.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Obama had told Modi that the largest democracy in the world had given a decisive mandate. The US leader had also expressed the hope that under Modi’s leadership, India would play a significant role on the global stage.
The Obama Administration also said that Modi was welcome to visit the US.
(With PTI inputs)