Congress president Sonia Gandhi on Thursday resigned from the Nehru Memorial Museum & Library (NMML), an institution that is considered an important legacy of the Nehru-Gandhi family and with which she has been associated for years now.
According to the rules, the NMML Society, an autonomous organisation under the Ministry of Culture, is presided over by the Prime Minister. So Prime Minister-elect Narendra Modi will be the president of the NMML Society after he is sworn in next week.
While NMML director Dr Mahesh Rangarajan declined to comment, highly placed sources confirmed that Sonia, who was NMML chairperson, had resigned. Sonia is also learnt to have resigned from the membership of the government’s National Committee on the Commemoration of the 125th birth anniversary of Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen