On his maiden visit to Kashmir in the coming week, Prime Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate the 240 megawatt Uri II hydel project on the LoC in Uri. He will also attend a high-level security meeting at 15 Corps headquarters.
High-level security arrangements will be made during the PM’s stay in Kashmir.
Sources said Modi would be briefed by top Army officials at the Badami Bagh Cantonment in Srinagar about the situation in the Valley and along the LoC. Sources said the prime minister might interact with troops and officials either on the LoC in North Kashmir or at the 15 Corps headquarters in Srinagar.
As part of his visit to the state, official sources said, Modi would first reach Jammu and inaugurate the 25-km Udhampur-Katra railway line on July 4. The Commissioner of Railway Safety had recently given clearance to the track.
After attending a few other programmes in Jammu, said the sources, he would fly to Uri to inaugurate the power project.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Officials said senior officials of the National Hydo Power Corporation (NHPC) and Hindustan Construction Corporation (HCC) had recently held a meeting to discuss the preparations that would be made ahead of the PM’s visit.
Last year, former prime minister Manmohan Singh was scheduled to inaugurate this power project but the programme was deferred due to a technical snag.
The 240 MW power project constructed by the HCC has already been handed over to the NHPC. The HCC is now giving final touches to the works before the project is officially thrown open. In the last few days, senior NHPC officials made several visits to the powerhouse.
The Uri-II hydel project is located at Kalgai village close to the LoC and is a run-of-the-river scheme.