On his maiden visit to Kashmir in the coming week, Prime Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate the 240 megawatt Uri II hydel project on the LoC in Uri. He will also attend a high-level security meeting at 15 Corps headquarters.
High-level security arrangements will be made during the PM’s stay in Kashmir.
Sources said Modi would be briefed by top Army officials at the Badami Bagh Cantonment in Srinagar about the situation in the Valley and along the LoC. Sources said the prime minister might interact with troops and officials either on the LoC in North Kashmir or at the 15 Corps headquarters in Srinagar.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
As part of his visit to the state, official sources said, Modi would first reach Jammu and inaugurate the 25-km Udhampur-Katra railway line on July 4. The Commissioner of Railway Safety had recently given clearance to the track.
After attending a few other programmes in Jammu, said the sources, he would fly to Uri to inaugurate the power project.
Officials said senior officials of the National Hydo Power Corporation (NHPC) and Hindustan Construction Corporation (HCC) had recently held a meeting to discuss the preparations that would be made ahead of the PM’s visit.
Last year, former prime minister Manmohan Singh was scheduled to inaugurate this power project but the programme was deferred due to a technical snag.
The 240 MW power project constructed by the HCC has already been handed over to the NHPC. The HCC is now giving final touches to the works before the project is officially thrown open. In the last few days, senior NHPC officials made several visits to the powerhouse.
The Uri-II hydel project is located at Kalgai village close to the LoC and is a run-of-the-river scheme.