Samajwadi Party (SP) president Mulayam Singh Yadav, addressing Desh Bachao Desh Banao rally in Varanasi on Thursday targeted BJP prime ministerial candidate and Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi, and blamed a section of the media for making it look like a contest between SP and BJP in the Lok Sabha polls in UP.
Reacting to Modi’s promise to convert UP into Gujarat following its development model, he said Modi had “blood on his hands.” “With people in my support, Modi will never win. He is a killer of humanity,” claimed Mulayam at the party rally.
Modi, at his rally on Thursday, took on Mulayam and Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav saying the ruling SP had “destroyed” Uttar Pradesh. For the third time, SP was holding its rally the same day, Modi addressed a rally in UP.
SP leaders did not fail to remind that the crowd at their rally was bigger. “There is no contest between me and Modi. BJP did not get any leader from UP to challenge me and thus it has brought Modi from Gujarat against me. Modi wants to turn UP into Gujarat which means that Muslims will be massacred here also,” Mulayam stated.
Mulayam claimed Gujarat development was due to its people. Mulayam defended Akhilesh government terming it as ‘Adarsh Sarkar’ which initiated several welfare schemes for people.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
“Taking the plea of Muzaffarnagar riots, some people are attacking the SP government. But can anyone tell which political party has helped Muslims more than SP so far? We have done a lot for the Muslims,” he said.
Mulayam blamed the media for spreading canards against the SP. “Political parties are conspiring to defame the SP. A section of the media has unleashed a false campaign against us,” he said.
“People are angry with both BJP and Congress and have high hopes on us. So it is our responsibility,” he said.