Days after criticising the treasure hunt in UP,Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Monday did a U-turn and praised seer Shobhan Sarkar based on whose dream the ASI is carrying out excavation in Unnao district.
“Sant Shobhan Sarkar ke prati anek varsho se lakho logo ki shraddha judi hui hai. Main unki tapasya aur tyag ko pranam karta hu (lakhs of people have reposed faith in seer Shobhan Sarkar over last many years. I salute his austerity and renunciation),” Modi said in a tweet.
Stressing on the need of getting back black money stashed away abroad,Modi demanded that the Centre should come out with a white paper on it.
“Bharat sarkar se agrah karta hu ki woh videsho mein jama kale dhan ke sambandh main ek white paper prastut kar desh ki janta ko ashwast kare (I urge the Indian government to come out with white paper on black money deposited in other countries and assure the people of the nation),” Modi said in the second tweet.
Modi’s reconciliatory tone is being seen as a result of a reported letter written by followers of Sarkar castigating him on his remarks criticising government’s action of digging a temple fort premises in Unnao district of UP based on the seer’s dreams.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Addressing a rally in Chennai on Friday,Modi had said,”The whole world is laughing at us over this bizarre exercise.
“Somebody dreamt and the government has launched an excavation…The money hidden by thieves and looters of India in foreign banks is much more than 1000 tonnes of gold. If you (government) bring back that money,you won’t have to do digging for gold (in Unnao),” Modi had said.
The central government has,however,clarified that they have not told the Archaeological Survey of India (ASI) to go ahead for gold hunt based on vision of seer Shobhan Sarkar.