Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Wednesday condoled the loss of lives in landslide in Pune and directed that all possible help should be provided to the affected people.
He also directed Home Minister Rajnath Singh to rush to Pune to take stock of the situation, a PMO statement said. “The Prime Minister has condoled the loss of lives in the landslide and directed all possible efforts to help the affected people,” the statement said. 80 personnel of National Disaster Response Force have reached the spot for relief and rescue operations, it noted.
On the other hand the centre on Wednesday rushed around 300 personnel of the NDRF to help rescue people who are trapped following a landslide in Pune.
Nearly 80 personnel of the National Disaster Response Force have already reached landslide affected Ambegaon and joined in the rescue operations, while 220 more are on their way to the spot, a Home Ministry spokesperson said.
Those who have reached the site, started the rescue operations. They are also trying to restore the communication network, he said. NDRF headquarters in New Delhi is in touch with the Pune district administration and some more NDRF personnel are expected to be sent. Nearly 170 people are feared trapped with several houses coming under the landslide triggered by heavy rains in Ambegaon in Pune.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More